Tumblr Is Great, Because...
- Posting content is very convenient and simple
- Reblogging is encouraged and it's easy to supplement your own content with images or other stuff reblogged from other people; besides, if you have great content, it will reach larger audiences as others reblog it
- You can choose a theme from numerous free design templates or create your own template to give your blog an outstanding look
- You can run your blog on a custom domain, such as yourblogname.com
- It supports tags for categorization of content
- It has content submission functionality built-in
- You can schedule your posts to be published on a specific date and time or several times per day
- Blogs load really fast; some themes allow infinite scrolling
- The system is mobile friendly; native apps for mobile devices also available
- You can register multiple blogs on one account; multiple users can post to the same blog
- It allows some adult content, you just need to mark your blog with an NSFW flag
Although it's not perfect, because...
- Comments are not supported by default, but it's not a big problem since you can install Disquis, Facebook or other third party comments
- Full-text search is not supported; visitors can search by tags though
- Google might not be too friendly for ranking individual posts on your blog for long-tail keywords. This is probably due to the fact that content is reblogged and backlinked a lot and Google dislikes duplicate content.
- There are no separate fields dedicated to the page meta title or the image alternative text; a portion of content text is used for them
- It's not self-hosted, therefore it's not possible to make any modifications to the server side functionality